Air Travel @ Traveler Incorporated

Traveling by plane to places you want to go
Air Travel @ Traveler Incorporated » Page 'do you need a passport or state i.d. to travel by plane on a national flight?'

do you need a passport or state i.d. to travel by plane on a national flight?

plane flight

if ur a student do u still need a passport or state i.d to travel to other states?
if ur an underaged student do u still need a state i.d. or passport?

Tags: , ,

7 comments to “do you need a passport or state i.d. to travel by plane on a national flight?”

  1. inside the country you need an ID (drivers license, etc)

  2. No American citizen needs a passport to travel anywhere by any method within the 50 States, but some form of ID is required due to post-”911″ anti-terrorism/security requirements on chartered travel (e.g., ship, plane, train, etc) and some interstate travel (e.g., bus, taxi, etc).

    But you didn’t say what “underage” means, which could be anything between 0 and 20 years old. Depending on the airline, certain minors would need some form of documentation, whether they are travelling alone or not, and, in some cases, they would not be allowed to travel alone at all, or, in other cases, the airline would need to be contacted well in advance of boarding to ensure that the child will be properly escorted, etc (these steps are mostly to protect the airlines from liability issues, as well as the youngster from being kidnapped).

    Check out the link, below, for more information about passports.

  3. yes you do.

  4. a picture id, usually state issued. i had my wallet stolen just before i had to go home, i was able to use my student id to prove who i was.

  5. You will need to present a government issued photo ID (i.e Drivers license, State ID card, Passport) to obatin your boarding pass and process through security unless you are a minor.

  6. GOV’T issued photo id is usually enough for domestic flights for american citizens

  7. I’m sorry, but the above posters are incorrect. In the absence of proper ID you *must* submit to extra screeing by the TSA.

    Per the TSA web site: We encourage each adult traveler to keep his/her airline boarding pass and government-issued photo ID available until exiting the security checkpoint (children are not required to show identification). The absence of proper identification will result in additional screening.

    You can get on a domestic flight without a government issued ID, however, it’s much eaiser if you have one. You can get a state ID card at any driver’s licensing location. They usually cost $10-20. Even though you’re an undergrad you’re still over 18, therefore you really should have a government issued ID.

Leave a comment

Please copy the string p7YCz8 to the field below:

Top of page | Subscribe to new Entries (RSS) | Subscribe to Comments (RSS)